View Anderson Union High School District


Minors employed in the state of California must have a Permit to Employ and Work (commonly referred to as a “work permit”). Work permits are typically issued by the school where the student is enrolled. Work permits indicate the duties and location where the work will be done as well as the number of hours a minor may work. In most cases it is a two-step process, the minor along with the parent/guardian and employer fill out the B1-1 form and submit to the school local to the minor's address. The school district reviews the B1-1 form and issues the B1-4 (Work Permit). 




  • Return the form from your employer to Fawn Carson or Megan Gumm in the school office
  • The school will do a grade/attendance review
  • Your work permit will be issued
  • Return the work permit to your employer

Please note that all work permits expire the last week of August of the current school year OR when the student turns 18 years old, whichever comes first. 


Students with part-time work are expected to maintain a 2.0 GPA and good attendance habits.
If at any point grades slip below a 2.0 or you begin failing any single class, or attendance becomes poor, the work permit may be revoked. 
© 2024. Anderson Union High School District. All Rights Reserved. School CMS Created by eSchoolView STAFF LOGIN
View text-based website